In this extremely important role, you will assign appropriate diagnostic and procedural codes for complex patient medical records using ICD-9-CM and ICD-10 coding guidelines and conventions for establishment of diagnoses and procedures. Coded data is used for reimbursements, data retrieval, education, research, quality measures, evaluation of medical services, assessment of clinical care and case-mix analysis.Â You will abstract pertinent data from patient records and assign ICD-9, ICD-10 and CPT codes, perform physician queries and ensure that patient bills are produced timely and accurately.
- 3+ years coding experience in an Acute Care Inpatient / Ambulatory Surgery setting
- CCS and/or CPC certification
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of DRGâ€™s, APCâ€™s and hospital billing systems
- Knowledge of 3M encoder highly desirable
- Hospital for Special Surgery offers a unique work environment, diverse job types and extraordinary career opportunities.
- HSS encourages and supports professional growth and development, recognizes individual contributions, and offers unique and highly competitive compensation packages. This is how we attract and retain highly skilled professionals, renowned for their leadership and vision in clinical care, teaching, research & development.
- Apply now