Codes and abstracts information from inpatient and outpatient records by careful analysis and adherence to official coding guidelines assuring appropriate reimbursement, compliance with regulations, and accuracy for clinical care analysis and provider profiling
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Formal education in ICD-9-CM and CPT-4 coding, medical terminology, anatomy and physiology.
- Certification as a Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P) through AHIMA (American Health Information Association), or certified by AAPC (American Association Professional Coders) with certification as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC), or Certified Professional Coder-Hospital Outpatient (CPC-H). If not certified, coding certification is required within three (3) years of employment. At the discretion of the HIM Director and Manager, an extension may be granted in writing to allow the Clinical Coder to continue efforts to obtain certification within a reasonable and defined t
ESSENTIAL JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in ICD-9-CM coding/MS-DRG assignment (this may include student work experience).
- Experience in CPT-4 coding (this may include student work experience).
- PREFERRED JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE:Â Some experience with encoding software
- Apply now